Photovoltaic (PV) Solar isn’t a new concept and has been around for nearly 70 years. Since the...
Spring Cleaning: Electrical Safety
Spring is here and with it comes the annual spring cleaning. Most families purge old clothes and toys, deep clean the baseboards and put away all the winter clothes, and bring out summer attire. This time is also the perfect time to check your electrical safety in your entire home, including sheds, garages, or guest homes.
Without electricity, our lives would be more difficult, but we need to be cautious and make sure we are taking care of our electrical needs and doing an annual inspection. What better time than during the annual spring cleaning frenzy.
Here are a few safety tips to look for when spring cleaning
- When using a coffee maker, toaster, or space heater, only have one electrical heat-producing appliance plugged into an outlet at a time.
- Check your major appliances such as the refrigerator or washer and dryer. Makes sure they are plugged into a wall outlet, not an extension cord.
- Eliminate using extension cords, unless they are being used temporarily. Check your electrical cords and make sure they are not under doorways or rugs and carpets and make sure they are in good working order.
- Look over all of your lightbulbs and replace defective ones. Upgrade to LED lightbulbs to save on electricity.
- Clean your appliances such as the stove and oven and stand-up mixers from all the food buildup.
- Inspect and test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in all the rooms.
Call an Arizona Energy Pros electrician if you:
- Have frequent problems with blowing fuses or tripping breakers.
- Feel a tingling when you touch appliances
- Smell something funny, like a burning coming from an appliance.
- See flickering lights or ones that dim on and off
- See sparks coming from an outlet
- Need additional help with any and all your electrical need
Don't hesitate to contact Arizona Energy for any additional questions or help!